Friday, January 21, 2011
I caught a glimpse of my bare legs this morning and I was mildly horrified. I am white, casper-esque white. I usually tend to err on the whiter side. However, I think I've reached a new level whiteness. Have I said white enough in the last two sentences? Being an aesthetician, I would go straight to hell if I went to a tanning booth/bed and I live in Portland, so natural sunlight is not an option. with those two options eliminated, my only ali is tanning lotion. I must say I have not had the best of luck with bronzers and self- tanners. They usually stink, get on my clothes, or I always miss a spot (or 5). While I will admit, self tanners still have a ways to go, they have come along way.
As of now, my top two self tanners are:
1. St Tropez
Tips to creating the perfect "tan":
1. Exfoliate with a grainy and chemical exfoliant. This means look for one that contains jojoba beads and glycolic or lactic acid
2. Use a riffi mitt with normal body wash, after using the exfoliant. This will up the exfoliating ante.
3. Shave. Shaving works as a wonderful exfoliant
4. Make sure your skin is completely dry
5. Apply a creamy lotion on all rough spots (ie palms, elbows, tops of feet, heels)
6. Apply self tanner of choice
7. Hangout in the nude for a good 10-15 minutes before applying clothes
8. Apply your lotion of choice, it keeps your "tan" last a wee bit longer
Posted by skinspot at 5:43 PM